If your child did not pass the phonics screening check in the Autumn term or they would benefit from further phonics practise, please follow the below instructions for daily videos. They will benefit most from Set 2, Set 3, Red words 1 and Red words 2. Please use the phonics time on the weekly timetable to watch these videos instead of the activities on the timetable.
RWI Phonics lessons at home during school closures
From Tuesday 5th January 2021, we will restart our free Read Write Inc. Phonics lessons on YouTube for children to watch at home.
One lesson at each level will show at 9.30 am each day and be available for 24 hours.
- Set 1 Speed Sounds, Word Time and Spelling: for children in Reception and children who are new to English.
- Set 2 Speed Sounds and Spelling: for children in Year 1 and 2 (and those in Reception that can read Set 1 Speed Sounds.)
- Set 3 Speed Sounds and Spelling: for children in Year 1 and 2 that can read Set 2 Speed Sounds.
- Read longer words: for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently.
- Read Red Words 1: for children who are reading Red, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Year 1.
- Read Red Words 2: for children who are reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Y2.
Click here for the YouTube lessons schedule.
Extra Phonics Resources
Picnic on Pluto game to read phase 3,4 and 5 sounds
Set 2 and 3 speed sounds clips